The third new edition of Automotive Engine Performance is now in full color and has eight totally new chapters plus 72 new color photos and line drawings to make the subject come alive.
New chapters in this edition cover topics never before seen in an engine performance title and includes:
1. Variable Valve Timing systems
2. Wide Band Oxygen Sensors
3. Gasoline Direct Injection Systems
4. Electronic Throttle Control Systems
5. In-Vehicle Engine Service
6. Diesel and Biodiesel Fuels
7. Alternative Fuels
8. Gasoline (totally expanded and updated)
1. Engine Operation, Parts, and Specifications.
2. Engine Condition Diagnosis.
3. Engine Cooling System Operation and Diagnosis.
4. Engine Lubrication System Operation and Diagnosis.
5. Digital Meters and Oscilloscopes.
6. Starting and Charging Systems Diagnosis.
7. Ignition System Components and Operation.
8. Ignition System Diagnosis and Service.
9. Computer Fundamentals.
10. Computer Sensor Operation, Diagnosis, and Service.
11. Engine Fuels and Combustion.
12. Computerized Carburetor Operation, Diagnosis, and Service.
13. Electronic Fuel-Injection Operation, Diagnosis, and Service.
14. Emission Control Device Operation, Diagnosis, and Service.
15. On-Board Diagnostics II.
16. Engine Performance Diagnosis and Testing.
Answers to Even-Numbered ASE Certification-Type Questions.